The Wall Street Journal provided very appropriate post ideas dealing with the proverbial Bucket List concept. Yes, I personally have quite an extensive bucket list! But the Journal has a few extraordinary ideas that really cracked up my funny bone.
Since the month of January starts another Ultimate Blog Challenge, I have decided the Friday posts would give you a few laughs about bucket list examples.
So, start your engines, Boomers. Below is the first of a 5 week series on 12 Things to do before you die:
- Drive cross-country. Any country!
- Every town has an outdated law. Break one!
- Investigate a family mystery. If you solve it, keep the answer to yourself!
- Sing while lounging atop a grand piano, but stop short of writhing!
- Emerge victorious from a battle of wills while milking a cow!
- Catch a dozen fireflies. Release!
- Sleep outside and not in a tent. What? How about in a hammock?
- Tame a squirrel!
- Move to a place with bragging rights. A lighthouse would do!
- Mentor someone even if he or she didn’t ask you to!
- Bluff, successfully, during a negotiation!
- Go skinny-dipping under a moonlit sky. Choose a pool so as not to inadvertently re-enact the opening scene in “Jaws!”
This is just the beginning, folks. Just thought I would give a little levity to the end of our Christmas and beginning of a New Year.
Join the dialogue and let us know your interesting bucket list quirks.
As always, I am…the quirky Boomer Explorer.